Ersekë is a town and a former municipality in southeastern Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became a subdivision and the seat of the municipality Kolonjë. Founded in the 17th century, Erseka was the seat of the former Kolonjë District. The population at the 2011 census was 3,746. Situated at the foot of the Gramos mountains, it is a small alpine town at 1050 meters in altitude, making it one of the highest towns in Albania.
The history of the town began during the 17th century. In 1785 the city was populated by 100 families. In 1914 it came under the control of the Northern Epirote forces, which repelled the newly established Albanian gendarmerie units from the region.
On 21 November 1940, during the Greco-Italian War, units of the II Army Corps of the advancing Greek forces entered Ersekë after breaching the Italian defenses.